9/7/09

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Jacob and Laura drove in Friday night and got up way too early on Saturday to go to work with Robert. You can see the full moon in the photo. I slept in!!!! Robert, Jacob, and Laura got in some target practice for an upcoming Muzzleloading hunt.

Corey drove in from Lubbock Saturday afternoon. We cooked the Redfish that Robert and I caught on the coast back in May. (YUM) Then we had steak and potatoes the next night. We always have plenty of good food when the kids come home. Corey made tres leche cake and some awesome chocolate cookies over the weekend. I probably will not eat for the next two weeks!!!!


We (minus Robert) packed a lunch and went on a day trip to Fort Davis. The weather was perfect (75-80). We went to a picnic spot that Wanda and CA took the kids to all the time when they were little and climbed granite boulders.


I am not as graceful as I once was, lol

Jacob was so happy to climb to the top because he was never allowed to when he went with his Gran and Grandad.




We just hung out at the Wink Park that evening with the dogs. Overall, we just relaxed.
I can not even begin to explain the feeling of having my kids visit. It feels me with an unmatched satisfaction that nothing else can match. They all make me very proud.

I did miss seeing Heath and Christina, but God willing, they will be moving back to Texas in a few short months. Please keep them in your prayers as they begin a new chapter in their lives as Heath leaves the military world and enters the civilian world.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Next time we're in Odessa, I hope we can see each other. We're planning on coming for Christmas, so we should try to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy your blog postings. Keeps me up to date with you and your family. I also understand how fulfilling it is to have your children visit. We wish we were not so far away from everyone, and younger to travel.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete