11/1/10

New Orleans - ARTS DISTRICT

We stayed in the Warehouse/Museum/Arts District two blocks from the river. There were murals painted on most of the buildings. The first two murals were inside the Embassy Suites where we stayed. This was the view just outside my room. My picture of the mural on the Holiday Inn does not do it justice. The clarinet looked 3D. Even the shadow is painted on so it seems as if it is not attached to the building at all.




























This statue was another math lesson in proportionality. :)







The title of this figure was just called "Mother and Child". Someone please explain to me the signifigance of her standing on her poor husband???








Many artist would sit up their work and just paint all day. What a life!









I found the owner of this bug about a block away. He was wearing jeans so filled up with patches that you could not even see the jeans. I asked him if the bug down the street belonged to him (it had to). He told us that he was restoring the bug. My friend asked him if he was putting in a new engine because it was being pulled by a trailer. He said, "No, I am RESTORING it. It doesn't need an engine. That would mean I would have to buy tags and pay taxes."










No comments:

Post a Comment