6/14/09

"I Told You So!"

Twenty-one years ago today, I gave birth to a tiny adorable baby girl. After having two rambunctious sons, I was so excited to have a daughter!!!


But as much as I wanted her to be "sugar and spice and all things nice", she was into "frogs and snails and puppy dog tails. She pulled out all the bows I put in her hair. When I put a dress on her, she would hold it up over her head and scream.



















When she was three, she told me that she was going to be a boy when she grew up. I tried to explain that God made her a girl. "Well", she said, "I was a boy when I was born, so why can't I be a boy when I grow up?" I asked her why she thought she was born a boy and she promptly brought me this picture from the dresser, and said, "SEE!"



Well, I could not convince her any different no matter how I tried.










So, I take great pleasure in saying, "I told you so Corey Lynn!" You are now all grown up and nobody will argue with the fact that you have become a beautiful, creative, intelligent, independent, opinionated woman!



But, to me, you will ALWAYS be my baby girl!

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Corey :) (I hope you enjoyed your day too)

    ReplyDelete