6/16/09

Happy B-day Ma


I love this picture of my mom.

When I think of birthdays and Mom, I immediately think about birthday cake and ice cream. Mom makes the best buttermilk pound cake ever. The texture is sinfully dense, and the crust that forms on the bottom is crunchy and sweet. Yummmmm!!! She also makes the best homemade vanilla ice cream on the planet. I love it when it first comes out of the ice cream machine, when it is semi-soft and melts the minute it touches your tongue.

If I could Mom, I would make both your buttermilk pound cake and homemade vanilla ice cream and send it in the mail to you for your birthday. But even if I hand delivered them to your doorstep, they still wouldn't be the same because you wouldn't have made them yourself.

Thanks for being my mom. Nobody but you can even begin to understand the magnitude of this statement. So, take it easy today --- and spurge on some cake and ice cream!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment