6/21/09

In Good Hands

Happy 24th Birthday Heath


We were living in Mt Pleasant and in the process of moving to Comstock when this picture was taken. Robert had gone ahead of us to start a new job leaving myself and the kids behind to pack up and sell the house.

Because this house was located right off the highway, I felt uneasy about being alone with three small children. I soon realized that I had no need to worry, when one night the dogs started barking outside. Before I knew what was happening, Heath jumped up off the couch, grabbed his toy rifle from the corner, and headed out the door to check things out! Even at three, he was ready to protect us against all odds.

Who could have known at that time that we all would trust him to protect us when he volunteered for the Marine Corps. Many people have asked me how I could sleep at night when he was in Afghanistan. It was not always easy, but I would remind myself that I was in good hands.






















"Courage, above all things is the first quality of a warrior."
Karl von Clausewitz

No comments:

Post a Comment