7/19/09

Walk Down Memory Lane

Robert and I celebrated our 27th year of marriage this month. The above picture taken by Brian Franklin shows that I am still am deeply in love with Robert after all this time. I went through our pictures and tried to put them in chronological order. I used two things to help me. Number one: the place we were living, because we have moved more than our fair share. Number two: the length of Robert's mustache - notice how it seems to get longer with age.



















6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My parents have their 30th this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few comments:

    -Y’all look like kids in the first few (I guess you were a good deal younger than I am currently).

    -Is Grandad making a “Loser” L on his forehead at you?

    -I did not like catfish back then.

    Thanks for the great example of how two pretty hardheaded people can make a great life together (as we’ll certainly need it). Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 18 and Robert was 22 in the first picture.

    Grandad was in the process of giving the bird to the camera.

    I was 7 months pregnant with Heath in the catfish photo. I was still quite a bit younger than you are now (22). Dad was around your age (26). We went fishing on the Rio Grande - 20 miles down a bumpy dirt road. These were the types of vacations we took, oh wait, I mean we still take. Do you remember the camping trip to New Mexico in the winter where all five of us slept in the horse trailer with a tarp wrapped around if for warmth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice mullet in pic #7 mom haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. shame on you heath ryan! I had my hair pulled back - a perfectly acceptable hairsytle. You better be careful or I'll post your mullet pics online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post Heath's mullet pics. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete