3/22/10

Spring Break Project

Robert and I finally decided to finish the tiling job we started 3 years ago. The only room not tiled was the guest bedroom. Well, before, it wasn't actually a guest bedroom at all. The room did not have a door and it was decorated with make shift book cases and plastic tubs of "stuff" that we have not found a place for.

Before:




I wish I had taken a picture before I moved everything out of the room, but you can still get an idea of the space from these pictures.

During:





Check list of jobs accomplished:
Remove boxes, books, weights, and furniture from the room
Remove base boards and trim
Remove and dispose of the carpet and padding
Remove and dispose of the old asbestos tiling under the carpet
Scrape up tar adhesive from the cement
Prime lemon yellow walls
Paint walls and trim
Cut and lay tiles
Grout tiles
Replace base boards
SHOP for new bed linens
Furnish room
Add door to room

After:



I think I will call it "The Bride's Room".

Something old: Most the furniture in the room is over 20 years old (each with its own special story that I will not bore you with)

Something new: paint, flooring, bedding plus the fact that the only thing that is the same about the before and after is the curtains.

Something borrowed: Corey's chair that she wants back. :0

Something blue: I haven't put in my blue item yet, but I do know what it is. My grandfather collected old bottles and glass. I have a beautiful cobalt blue piece from his collection that is in the shed that I haven't unpacked yet.

6 comments:

  1. so what's in the other room now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other room is the new junk room. lol

    No, I am making the other room into a computer/workout room. I will post more pictures of my progress later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you took the before and after. It’s amazing to see the progress. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. Y'all make plans soon to come try it out! This includes you too, Brian. Robert and I STILL have not met Jonathan, and we have a huge park across the street where he can play.

    ReplyDelete