12/28/11

SHELVES

In a blog I wrote on 3-23-2010, I showed pictures of upcoming projects. One of these projects was the built-in bookcases in the living room. Below is the finished product! We finished the shelves in the summer of 2010.




Below is the BEFORE shot of the wall. One of the main reasons I wanted shelves by the door is so the table would not become to catch-all for everything that comes through the front door. I wish I could say that the shelves have solved my problem, but sadly my table still looks like this most of the time.




I found a place in Ft Worth that sold a variety of plywoods. I liked the Knotty Alder because the natural look. Robert and I picked up the wood on a trip to see the kids.
















I tried several stains, but in the end I chose the natural look and sealed it with several layers of polyrethane.

















No comments:

Post a Comment